Imagine...

Imagine...

Monday 30 March 2020

March 30th Welcome Message!

Good Morning and Welcome Back to School!!

Online learning will be our new reality, and it will be an interesting experience for students, teachers and parents alike!  However, we will learn together and cope the best we can.  Please be sure to reach out to me when you encounter difficulty, frustration, or just want to talk. 

In that regard, your first task (for students in all classes) is to email me at kim.hooey@pembinahills.ca and let me know your preference for me contacting you in the upcoming weeks (email, text, phone call, videochat- specify FaceTime, Google Hangouts etc.).  I will be contacting students/parents by phone today and the next couple of days to outline a general format for my classes.  As I don't have student phone numbers, please forward me your numbers if you prefer to speak to me directly (as opposed to your parents relaying the information).  Please also include in this email if you would be interested in participating in a class session on video, such as Google Hangouts or Zoom.  Also, include how many times per week this would occur (we can play around with this number as we go), and if you want to try any "group" projects using technology such as GoogleDocs, or prefer individual assignments etc.  If you like the "video" idea with classmates, please also provide three times of day for preference; this could include an evening time as well.

I will begin all classes by providing an assignment to complete by the end of the week.  (This will be uploaded in a couple of hours) Tomorrow, I will provide each class with videos to accompany the material/assignment that will assist with your learning of the material.  Be sure to complete any missing assignments that were given before the Break.

I will be checking email/texts etc. throughout the day from 8:30- 3:30pm (Monday- Thursday, Fridays until 2pm.).  I will have breaks 10:00- 10:15 and 2:00- 2:15.  Tuesday evenings, from 6:30- 8:30pm, I will also host office hours for emails, texts, phone calls etc. (*I will periodically check my email etc. for the next while outside of office hours as well)

Remember, we can do this together!  All staff are willing to help, readjust workloads, and assist you in any way we can!

bestoftheday  quote  quotes  quoteoftheday  quotestoliveby  saying  sayings  dailyquotes  dailymotivation  dailyinspiration  inspire  instagood  inspiration  inspirational  believe   funny  codependent  happy  strength  2019  survivor  live  life  love  karma  todaysquotesforyou  friends  positivevibes  goals









No comments:

Post a Comment